KMSP/Fox 9 News Minneapolis is a full-time Fox O&O TV broadcaster providing services in Minneapolis-Saint Paul; the station broadcasts at VHF CH 9. KMSP, established in 1955, has Fox affiliation and broadcasts Fox’s primetime content in the evening. The TV service has an independent morning news and information program in the morning, reality shows, and locally syndicated talk shows in the afternoon. However, it airs fox reruns in the early evening and an independent local news transmission after primetime. Fox 9 News Mn houses the studios at Viking Drive, Eden Prairie, whereas its transmitter lies in Shoreview, Minnesota.
Fox 9 Minneapolis Live Streaming
Channel 9 Minneapolis also provides coverage in Mankato Market nearby Saint. James, through a locally operated Cooperative translator K35KI-D, despite having an already Fox-affiliate channel in the area.
Availability of Fox 9 News Mn
KMSP-TV carries services in Canada’s Ontario and Thunder Bay via Shaw Cable. Plus, it serves Manitoba province through Fibe TV and Bell MTS.
Viewers can watch KMSP-TV live on the official website of the channel as well as here. Plus, they can watch the live stream over the official app too.
- Light TV
Fox 9 Minneapolis Team
The anchors and reporters team of Fox 9 News consist of Dawn Stevens, Alix Kendall, Leah Beno, Amy Hockert, Kelcey Carlson, Karen Scullin, and others.
Fox 9 Minneapolis Weather Team
Discover the amazing weather team of Fox 9 Weather consisting of Keth Marler, Cody Martz, Jennifer McDermed, and Ian Leonard.
Channel 9 News App
Channel 9 News Minneapolis provides a user-friendly news app both for Android and Apple users. The app delivers 24/7 news headlines, stories, Fox 9 News weather reports, traffic information in the area, and not to forget Fox 9 News live stream.
Fox 9 News Weather App
Fox 9 News weather app delivers meteorological updates in Minneapolis and its nearby areas. The most efficient radar system of the channel offers accurate and correct weather forecasting. It can help people making plans during weekends.
Channel 9 Minneapolis Programs
The table below contains the complete list of shows (including news & entertainment) airing on one of the top-class Minneapolis TV stations Channel 9 Minneapolis. Viewers can get these programs on their smartphones via fox 9 news live stream.
|Bless the Harts||The Simpsons||Family Guy||Bob’s Burgers|
|Vikings Game Plan||Fox 9 at 9||Access Hollywood Weekend||TMZ|
|Fox 9 Buzz||The Wendy Williams Show||The Jason Show||Judge Judy|
|The Real||TMZ Live!||The Dr. Oz Show||Filthy Rich|
|L.A.’s Finest||Vikings Post-Game Show||Dish Nation||NEXT File# 4|
|Cosmos: Possible Worlds||I Can See Your Voice||The Masked Singer||Vikings Replay|
|The P.J. Fleck Show||Under Center with Kirk Cousins||NFL Pre-game Show||NFL Football|
|TMZ Live!||Enough Said||WWE Smackdown||Xploration Outer Space|
|Xploration Nature Knows Best||NCAA Football||Fox 9 Morning Saturday||BMW Ultimate Update|
|Big Noon Kickoff||Xploration Awesome Planet||Vikings Connected||Xploration Weird but True|
|PBS Fight Camp||Vikings GameDay||The OT||Xploration DIY Sci|
Channel 9 Overview
On 24 Nov 1953, Lee Whiting from the Family Broadcasting Corporation decided to apply for a construction permit in FCC to establish a new commercial TV channel on CH 9. In 1955, Minneapolis Tower Company purchased 75 percent stakes of Channel 9 News Minneapolis for 300,000 dollars. On 9 January 1955, Channel 9 began broadcasting as KEYD-TV (now KMSP-TV) calls. The network started providing services from the transmitter situated in Foshay Tower, while their studios lie in a nearby building. At first, the channel used to air a mix of music, local talk, news, movies, and sports. KEYD-TV (now Fox 9 News Minneapolis) also used to broadcast DuMont programming.
Also Read: ABC Fox Montana
DuMont stopped providing content to the station in April 1955 as it got out of the business. Thus, leaving KEYD as an independent TV network until 1961. On 23 May 1956, Channel 9 Minneapolis turned its call-signs to KMGM. However, TV Guide first recognized the station with these news calls in Sep 1956. In 1957,– National Telefilm Association got 75 percent ownership rights of the station by paying 650,000 dollars. On 2 December 1957, the channel’s remaining 25 percent stakes were bought by Loews, Inc. However, in February 1958, Loews decided to sell its part of interest to NTA, which was later merged with National Theaters Inc. in 1959.
In 1958, the Channel 9’s call-signs transformed into KMSP (the current ones) and one year later, in 1959, Twentieth Century Fox offered 4.1 million dollars to National Theaters for KMSP-TV (Fox 9 News Mn; Thus, the channel shifted to its new owners Fox Networks, and currently working under the same name for many years.
Tower Location: Shoreview, Minnesota
Brand Name: Fox 9